Financial Resources for international students

Hi! I need your advice. I got accepted to NYU , but got only 50% scholarship. Do you know of any resources, where I can look for financial assistance as an International student?

see more »
NYU responded offering me to apply to outside scholarships sources or look for loans. Would you say it is possible to accumulate this amount of money through scholarships? If so, which ones would you recommend?
Link
1 year ago
Theoretically possible, realistically not (at least in my subjective opinion). I advise to look for potential scholarships here www.intern... larships/. Since the nature of your question is really general and subjective, giving specific and concrete response is really hard. That being said, try looking for the scholarships on Google, especially the ones that give preferences to students coming from your country. Good luck with your search!
Link
1 year ago
Hi Anastasia.
First of all congrats!!! NYU is one of the best school in the States. But which campus did you get accepted? If it's Abu Dhabi Campus, they should cover your 100% demonstrated need. Also, is 50% scholarship merit or need-based aid? If you provide more info, I'd be happy to assist.
Cheers,
1 year ago
It's Shanghai Campus and the money comes from scholardhip and grant money provided by NYU Shanghai.
1 year ago
There are a few things to do. You can always try to negotiate financial aid (especially if you have alternative options), check out a number of outside scholarships available (not an easy task at this stage) and find a way to apply for student loans (likely will need a co-signer). Let us know where you are with NYU at the moment and hopefully we can make some concrete suggestions.