Hello, I am an international student planning to apply to the US, however, I am not very familiar with the admission chances, SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO RECOMMEND SCHOOLS, this is what I got:
- 99,98% GPA from a public Saudi school, 2nd on +100 students.
- 1430 SAT ( Math: 800, R&W: 630), will my 800 make my score more competitive?
- 99 TOEFL
- SAT Math 2 (730), No other Subject Tests
We have fewer than 5 activities in my school but here are mine,
- Deputy head of the Organising Club, it's like students who help to organize other students(11-12).
- Help the counselor in organizing events, like anti-smoking event
- Head of the library club (5th and 6th grade), I really don't know if I should include this
- Won a Mathematics contest on the level of Central Region (Riyadh and cities around it), First place. although, they didn't send me any Model or Trophy.
- Excellence Medal from the General Directorate of Education in Riyadh
Other important notes:
- I am Syrian living in Saudi Arabia, from a very disprivileged background.
- By September 2019, I will have completed two years of gap years, because of visa rejections or my mere nationality here in Saudi Arabia
- I know no one who took SAT, I had no mentor, and I scored the given score after one attempt
- I learned English on my own, no one helped in this journey
- I need financial aid or Merit scholarships, if none I won't be able to attend.
some points above I don't know if they matter at all, but I am writing everything just in case.
universities I am aiming for are:
University of Michigan
Boston college & university
NYU Abu Dhabi
and the list is open for any universities or colleges with Financial aid or scholarships