Invite to RoundPier »
hey there. I wish to pursue medicine in the US (I'm an international student) do I have to pursue undergraduate from an American University? If so , do I have to take the medical exam that I have in my country? (it is similar to MCAT but students take that exam directly after highschool)
You need to have bachelors degree before going to medical school. If you don't do undergrad in the US it is still possible to apply to medical schools in the country.
There are some joint BS/MD programs (6 years usually) but they are very difficult to get into